Sunday, February 19, 2006

We did jack sqaut all weekend -- well, except for the whole driving to the border of Illnois (missed our stop) on the way to Lake Geneva to pick up a pair of greyhounds to transfer to La Crosse. It was too cold to walk dogs, so we didn't. However, our services as a courier service are invaluable. ;)

The rest of the weekend was spent: reading, napping, sleeping, eating, watching some tv, a little bit of video games and more reading. I am not finally digging into A Feast for Crows -- a christmas present from my dear husband. After finishing a Storm of Swords this afternoon, I contemplated going right on to the book...but instead forced myself to slow down. So I watched a movie -- Five People You Meet in Heaven and knitted. Then I got hungry and made sketti with ground turkey, onions and garlic. The next movie was the Sixth Sense (the extended version) After a while I got bored and decided to cut apples to dehydrate. Since I had the apples out, I figured I should do something with them (not all were needed to be cut up and put in the dehydrator), so I thought I'd made Apple Dumplings.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I have outdone myself. Every week I try to bake something delicious -- recent items have been: pumpkin pie, banana bread, sugarfree cherry pie/tarts ... I think there was something else...no wait, I bought that...a cake. It was good.

These apple dumplings are amazing! I am going to bring two to Sarah and Luke, one is for Hilary and I thought Laima would like the other. Then one more for the DH and I.

Okay. That's all I wanted to say. Good night.

3 Comments:

Blogger Hilary said...

I admire you for your weekly delicious baked goods. I might try to do that. It's just not as fun when you can't use flour. Or sugar. Hmph. But at the same time...the challenge is something, right?

11:00 PM  
Blogger Sleep late... dream more. said...

OoOoOoooo.. I want apple dumpling! :)

9:26 PM  
Blogger Hilary said...

hey, you never did my johari thing. and you call yourself dependable! hmph!

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]