Tuesday, April 05, 2005

So yeah, doing lots of reading and research for new site -- mostly relating to the software. I am not going to use *collective gasp* blogger...for a number of reasons, none of which I am going to get into right now.

Instead, I am going to tell you about the great walk I took the dogs on today with Hilary and her kids. We walked all the way to Olbrich and even took the long way back. Whoa. Then I came back and wrote my SECOND letter of the day (rock me Lauradameous -- hehe a nod to you James). I went and voted...I was number 548 and counted ten more people enter as I left.

Now as I am waiting for my workout buddy to arrive, I am going to give you the recipe for Apple Walnut Cake -- my favorite cake -- great for breakfast, doesn't need frosting, super moist and delicious and a great alternative to pie when you have all those apples you don't know what to do with.

Apple Walnut Cake

2 cups white sugar
1/2 pound butter
3 eggs
3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup chopped walnuts
3 cups sliced Macintosh apples

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter and flour one 10 inch tube pan.

Cream together the butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Set aside.

Sift together the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add to wet ingredients and mix well.
Stir in vanilla, walnuts and apples. Mix well and pour into prepared pan.

Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for approximately 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Set aside to cool. Slide knife along outer edges to release bottom of tube pan. Slide knife along bottom of tube pan and inner tube to release cake.

* a Tube pan is a bundt cake pan. Really folks...this is my favorite cake recipe ever. You can't mess it up.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm bet it smells real good while its in the oven.

www.wordpress.org

11:00 PM  
Blogger hadjare said...

I looked at wordpress, and movable type but in the end decided to go with B2Evolution because it suits my needs better.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]