Tuesday, January 25, 2005

What a rotten birthday (hilary and darling aside). I don't want to talk about it. Don't ask me. I will tell you, however after my hair cut from Lowen, and TGIF lunch with Hilary and the Hill-lets, I came home to that unmistakable odor....I walked into the bedroom and saw that indeed... Rainy the foster dog's crate was smeared with poop. There was poop on the wall, runny poop all over the shredded sheet that used to cover the crate, diarreha all over the ripped up blue towel that was pulled mostly though two small holes, crap all over the bedding blankets...and did I mention shit on the wall?

Man. It was disgusting. I was in no mood for it and called Tim. He said he would be on his way home. I went into the room and sent the dogs outside while I put on rubber gloves and proceeded to gather the bedding and carpet tiles. I then bleach cleaned the crate and wall and then sprayed it with that pet enzyme stuff. Tim came home as I was done and closed to the door to let it air dry and thankfully -- I left the rest of it to him. Including the trip to Walgreen's for poop medicine, and to the Vet, and letting her out every 20 minutes, and getting dinner, etc. I am just hoping that I am not greeted with that when I get home THIS time.

Poor Rainy and her medical problems -- she STILL has whip worms which may be contributing to her feeling ill and pooping everywhere. She was pooping so much that she was yelping when she went. Poor dog. I am glad she isn't OUR dog though.

Pluto is such a good boy.

Already today is better. Janet (my boss) made a pot of decaf flavored coffee AND coffee cake for my birthday! How nice. I decided with Hilary yesterday that I was just going to celebrate my birthday on other days. So...work recognition this morning, partying tomorrow, and cake on Thursday.

I just have to remember that everything is okay. Everything will be alright.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday.

Sorry your birthday was kind of shitty, quite literally.

:/

-jen

2:23 PM  
Blogger Hilary said...

If I were you, upon my discovery of the poop I would have fallen to my knees, thrown up my hands and shouted at the heavens, "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHY?!!!" because I like to pretend I'm in a movie I guess. :/ Poor dog. What are whip worms? I hope Pluto doesn't get 'em. Eww, worms.

4:20 PM  
Blogger zoey said...

http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body_whipworms.html

this web pages says that some heartworm medications can be used to prevent other dogs from getting infested with whipworm.

i think you should get Pluto some preventive medicine...

BTW, Happy Birthday! bzkt&o

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nasty! I had no idea. Well, the Vet said that Pluto wouldn't need the medicine if he didn't eat her poo... and since it is cold outside -- he doens't stay out there too long to find turdicles and play them with them.

Plus she is still kind runny -- although it is nowhere near where it was on Monday. Man...disgusting.

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i didn't know your birthday was so close to mine - i was born on the 21st. which makes me 33 as of last friday... which feels like it should be weirder than it does. i feel bad that i haven't really done anything with my life but, then again, who says i have to? aren't enough other people out there doing stuff that it's fine for me to just sit back and read all their novels and watch all their movies and live in all their houses? at least, that's how i feel today...

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey - you've got at least one more day you'll be celebrating your birthday yet... it just requires getting my act together... not as easy as it looks :)

start thinking of somewhere you'd like to go out for lunch!

~L

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]