Thursday, March 03, 2005

That night after TKD, Hadjare made one of her favorite dinners -- Tater Tot Casserole.

1 pound of ground turkey (or ground beef)thawed
1 onion chopped
4 cups of frozen mixed vegetables (or one bag of frozen mixed)
2 cans of cream of chicken soup (or whatever cream of soup you have)
1 32 oz package of frozen potato rounds

1. Preheat oven to 375F. Spray a 9x13 glass baking dish with grease.

2. Spread turkey into bottom of pan, covering entire bottom. Sprinkle with chopped onions. Layer frozen veggies next. Cover with soup -- straight from can. Make sure to cover entirely.

3. Layer tater tots on top. Bake for one hour. Check after 30 minutes, if tots are getting too brown turn oven down to 350F degrees.

6 Comments:

Blogger Hilary said...

Yum, that sounds right up my alley...I love comfort food.

10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds awesome - I will give that a whirl soon enough myself. When the Tim worked with me I brought a recipe that went out in a work publication out of the closet. Chicken Goody -- it is similar (kinda) -- I am sure you will like it ...

http://www.dubyadubyadubyadotcom.com/2004/08/17/bchicken-goodyb-aka-1337-chicken/

10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmh. I am so going to try this. Ground turkey and tater tots go on the next shopping list.

--SECP

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds delicious. My mom used to make it with sliced green beans and it was one of my favorite dinners. Maybe I'll coax her into making some the next time I see her.

Kathleen

11:25 AM  
Blogger hadjare said...

Comfort food? Egads...I had no idea. Is *that* why it tastes so good? It doesn't SEEM like it's that bad for you, especially when you use turkey....mixed veggies...cream of soup -- well that is just soup how bad can that be? And the tater tots are baked not fried....


Moving on.

James I am SO going to try your recipe except I am going to replace the mushroom soup (because I am intolerant to mushrooms) with cheese soup...and the white wine with sherry. Looks good!


Kathleen, I could see the sliced green beans because really -- any vegetable would work. It's such a versatile recipe.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Well, tater tots are basically sugar and salt...and whatever oil they use, then the cream of soup, any soup from a can is super salty plus...y'know...the creaminess...the yummy creaminess...*salivating*

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]