Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Hey Happy February. I have a kitten in my kitchen that is hanging on a branch...I'll take a picture of it for you. I know you'd LOVE to see it. Doesn't it just kind of resonate with what we are all feeling right now?

Okay, please take a look at my English Friends journal -- James he often has witty things to say. You can also find him sitting at your left on the links part. While you are at it you can see Hilary's new page with pictures and stuff...and individuality (unlike the mass LJ) at click here- Hilary . Anyone else want to be added to the links to the left?

So today I am reorganizing the office. Heather is coming over tonight and we are going to DDR for exercise. yeah, we are totally going to be buff in no time. But in order to do that I have to move the big bulky desk out of the living room and put it together. At this point there are two pieces in here before I had to stop and update you on this breaking news. I'll take pictures to make it more interesting...yeah.....

I went and had some blood drawn this morning. I am pissed at myself for not complaining to the lab tech that she was doing a poor job. Yeah she found a vein right away...but once she got the needle in she didn't stay still and I could feel the long metal moving around inside my vein and it hurt! Man did it hurt. She was obviously distracted....I should have said something. But I didn't. I was taking it like a champ.

What does taking it like a champ accomplish? Another shitty job done? A similar performance that she is going to do on someone else? Normally having blood drawn doesnt' hurt...it shouldn't hurt aside from the needle stick...dang. Afterward I insisted Tim stop at McDonald's and buy me breakfast. And yes, I think I will make it a point to stop at McD after any doctor appointment. Just like after a dentist appointment I am always sure to get something sweet to eat. It's just the way it works.

OMG! I forgot to say that my friends Karen and Dave (old college buddies) are the best! I got their package yesterday with a book and a whole bunch of wafer candy from the Czech Republic! I ate two right away yesterday and one this morning for after breakfast dessert. It's SOOOOOooooOOOOo good. Now I have to think of something really good to send them (they are in the Czech for one more year -- she is doing graduate work and he is teaching english). What happy thing to return home from work...a package, filled with wafer candy. I hate that America only has Kit Kat, those crappy strawberry/vanilla/chocolate wafers at the store and now Butterfingers wafer .... but THREE? Come on people...what is the problem here?

Alright, alright. What else can I say. I saw The Cuckoo the other day...another crazy finnish movie....but it was really good. I love watching movies that show a portrayl of someone else's daily life. Can you imagine living out the middle of no where at the edge of nothing? I couldn't stop thinking about it for days.

Hey I got the new Resident Evil ...I can't wait to see it. I love apocalypse movies (but you knew that, did you?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]